What a year it has literally been. I feel like we will only be able to fully comprehend everything when we look back several years from now. Even though this year definitely didn’t go as we planned, I am happy for the time we were given to reflect and make decisions that we may not have made had it been any other way.
A little background…
Before COVID struck, around November of last year I started listening to podcasts and finding courses and realizing that making a business and doing what we love is really possible. It was only a matter of sitting down, making time, and really investing into it.
We have technically had our blog/Instagram since right out of high school but didn’t understand the “rules” of how everything worked and put very little effort into it. So in the beginning of 2020 we invested some money into some courses, listened to endless podcasts, researched on YouTube, and got straight to work. And now here we are! Doing what we love and sharing it with our amazing community on our blog, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
It was LOTS of hard work, planning, endless hours working on the computer, late nights spend learning the basics of website design, SEO, photography, photo editing, and so much more. But we’re exactly where we wanted to be. We’re able to do what we love and start a side business that we are truly passionate about. We met so many amazing people through our platforms, worked with companies around the world, had increidble collaborations, and it’s only the BEGINNING! Nothing comes without constant effort and lots of hard work.
We want to thank everyone who has supported us and continues to support us throughout all of our up’s and down’s this year. Without all of you, we wouldn’t be where we are today. You keep us motivated and energized!
So in celebration of this crazy year we’re going to share some of our favorite blog posts from 2020:
Favorite Travel Posts from 2020:
1. Stunning Gem of the Israeli Desert – Nitzana Hillocks | White Rock Dunes – here is the post!
2. Discover Masada Fortress, Israel (and the Monochrome Fashion Creations We Designed for the Visit) – here is the post!
3. Visiting Pamukkale? Here’s Everything You Need to Know Before You Go! – here is the post!
Favorite Fashion Posts from 2020:
1. Fashion Photography – Hiking the Desert in Gowns| Shchoret Canyon – here is the post!
2. Hold Your Breath… We’re Going Below Sea Level to the Dead Sea with our Handmade Bathing Suits! – here is the post
3. Three Outfits I Designed and Created Specifically for my Trip to Turkey – here is the post!
Personal Favorites (because we had so much fun):
1. Beach Day at Kibbutz Maagan Michael – Handmade Hawaiian Swimsuits – here is the post!
2. The Surprising Best Place to Stay Near the Dead Sea – EinGedi Camping Lodge – here is the post!
3. Bananas! Plantations, Corn Fields, and Hand Designed Outfits – here is the post!
How We’ve Grown
Also know that we both still work full time jobs and this is our little “side business”. (Even though we perhaps spend more hours working on it- late into the night, early morning, and weekends) Its a lot of work but it makes us happier and more fulfilled because we are doing what we love. So just remember, no one knows exactly what they’re doing at first and its all about enjoying the process along the way. Just get out there take the first step, you never know where it will take you!
It’s going to be hard at first and it will take a lot of time, but you will grow and learn. What is life for if not to grow? Wishing you an amazing end of 2020 and a phenomenal 2021!
Also if you need help growing your WordPress account, feel free reach out to us 🙂
Lots of Love,
Brooke and Danielle, Colorful Sisters
P.S. – Special thanks to our mom and boyfriends who are our photographers and for their unending support and love. We couldn’t do it without you 🙂